Friday, November 22, 2013

Mark Your Cup And Drink Up

I am very excited to be hosting Thanksgiving this year. In addition to yummy food, I am making a delicious "Autumn Sangria." (recipe below)  When many people are drinking the same beverage, it is easy for your guests to lose track of which glass is theirs. As I am not a big fan of drink markers, I decided to break out the chalkboard paint and get to dipping. This process is quick and easy and the finished product looks great. This idea is also reusable, as you can erase and add different names at your leisure. I truly thought I was so creative and developed this brilliant idea, until I looked it up on Pinterest and sadly realized I was not the creator. Oh well, great minds think alike. I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family and friends.
I dipped the bottom of the glass right into the chalkboard paint can. I let them sit on a towel for about 15 minutes so the towel could soak up the excess paint. I than transferred the glasses to paper plates to avoid the paint from sticking to the towel when it was dry. This method worked perfectly.
The finished product.
This is my favorite sangria recipe. I found it in a magazine several years ago. I do not remember the publication, but the recipe is amazing! I am extremely thankful for all of my blog followers. Happy Thanksgiving.
Follow me on Facebook-->https://www.facebook.com/Shayjdesign

4 comments: